09 January 2007

two-and-a-half

Yikes!!! I'm in school again. Crazy-i-ness. Two-and-a-half days into this masters program and I'm loving it.

I'm at Spring Arbor University, being taught by Richard Foster, among other wise and wonderful instructors. I'm meeting "my" fellow pilgrims in this [three year] journey. Our Christian, celtic (he calls himself a contemplative mystic) worship leader completely captivates us with his gifted guitar rhythms and his unique weaving of liturgical prayers, hymns, worship songs, and original songs. AND we're reading great books like Bonhoeffer's Life Together, Willard's The Great Omission, and well, a book I'm struggling to get through at the moment, The Orthodox Church, by Timothy Ware. (Is it really shameful to admit I really don't know what the orthodox church is???)

To help in the reading, (actually, it's really not so much helping me to read, but more about accountability, community, and motivation), I'm headed to my small group. We're gonna read together. (Aw!!) So I gotta run.

But sometime, I'll post about how the Holy Spirit moved in us today...how we heard a 75-year-old Lutheran pastor talk about healing prayer...how I'm seeing (via stories) the movement of the Lord across denominations and nondenominational churches in such exciting ways. And well...I guess, other things that might emerge in this week.

And one of these days, perhaps even at the retreat at the end of this week, I'm gonna deal a bit more with the reality of not having a job. yeah. One of these days....

4 comments:

White Rabbit said...

i'm excited about your schooling too! Looking forward to hearing what you are learning and discussing some of the ideas you come away with.

Gracie said...

Keith you would soooo love this. So yeah, please, make some time in your schedule cuz I'll be back soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you!! jordan has filled me in on some of your experiences and God has certainly given you a refuge in this week.

praying you through and looking forward to hearing more...

Jewels said...

Good to hear from you in the midst of your studies - and can't wait to hear more about it!