28 February 2010

conclusions and new starts

I watched the Olympic torch go out tonight. It was a bittersweet moment.
Some are eager to get back to the 'real" NBC lineup.
For me, I love the Olympics.
Nice work, Canada: Vancouver, Whistler, and Richmond.
You will be missed.
And to all the athletes
who pursued their dreams and trained to compete,
be proud.
I am.
May the spirit of good sportsmanship,
and the heart of these interactions,
lead us on toward something better in the world.
I know I love this admonishment
from the ancient text of Hebrews:
Let us consider how we may spur one another on
toward love and good deeds.

That is another thing to pursue and train toward.
I hope we can live out that kind of love
whether or not we are in an athletic competition.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That was a lovely tribute to the Olympians! I loved watching!